The Sudbury Regional Science Fair (SRSF) Committee is a not-for-profit, volunteer organization that runs the SRSF held in April each year. The committee is seeking volunteers to assist with fundraising, general organizing logistics and web management . The committee meets 4 times per year for 3 hours in addition to two days in April during the fair weekend. Committee members in some roles may also be called on for their support in fundraising calls, communication programs or community promotion in addition to the above.
If you are interested in joining the committee, please send a letter detailing the reason for your interest and what background or experience you would bring to the group. Please send your letter to Nicole Chiasson c/o Science North, 100 Ramsey Lake Road, Sudbury, ON P3E 5S9 or email to email@example.com. Please visit the website at www.srsf.ca for more details.
You want to consider volunteering!
There are three types of volunteers with the SRSF:
- An individual who is assigned to a specific subcommittee that is
- a full committee member attending all committee meetings and support accomplishments of the action plan for a specific subcommittee, OR
- a volunteer supporting a specific subcommittee through specific tasks but does not attend SRSF committee meetings and does not have voting rights.
- A volunteer that is a member at large. This member attends all full committee meetings, has voting rights but at this time is not assigned to a specific subcommittee. This volunteer often helps out various subcommittees when additional help is requested.
We are looking for:
- Individuals with daytime weekday availability to help the fundraising subcommittee reach past and potential donors by phone.
- Individuals who are available the day of the fair to help the fundraising subcommittee raise funds during the day
- Individuals who have expertise in designing web pages
- Teachers who want to support the event and represent their school and/or board on the committee
- Individuals interested in science and/or involved in an industry that want to increase the interest of students in science
Please send us your letter of interest and we will contact you if we see a fit on the team. Thank you in advance for your interest.